Back to reality after last week's fried platter hijacking! One day we will figure out how to do a healthy version of Arnold's famous onion rings. Until then we bring you another one of our favorite summertime meals, Grilled Pizza! Mike and I love to make pizza on the grill, it can be fun to do with friends and it keeps the kitchen cold in the summer.
One package of store bought pizza dough (Or make your own!)
2 Cups Pizza Sauce
1 Ball Mozzarella Cheese
1/2 Cup Fresh Basil
1/4 Cup Grated Parmesan Cheese
Two tomatoes thinly sliced
Red Pepper Flakes
1) Prep all of your toppings for easy assembly later.
2) Divide the dough in two. Smaller Pizzas are easier to handle on the grill. Sprinkle a little flour on the counter to make a nice non-stick surface. Wine bottles work great for rolling pins!
3) Pre-heat the grill. Brush one side of the dough with oil and lay oil side down on the grill. Oil the top and flip once the dough starts to crisp up. A large spatula certainly helps.
4) Quickly assemble the pizza, sauce, cheese, tomato & basil. Any order you wish.
5) Once the cheese melts and the dough is crispy remove from the grill. Enjoy.
The Calorie Break Down:
Eat Fit not Fat- Grilled Pizza- Who cares, it is summer time. It must be better than delivery. 🙂