As you're reading this you're probably still recovering from your turkey coma from yesterday. You're probably thinking, gosh what am I going to do with all the leftover turkey I have in my refrigerator? I have a solution that not only uses your leftover turkey, but also uses that hunk of cranberry sauce that's sitting in saran wrap in the back left hand corner of fridge. With 6 simple ingredients and about 20 minutes you can have a delicious and healthy lunch or dinner.
Ingredients (Makes 4 quesadillas)2 Granny Smith Apples 4 Whole Wheat Tortillas ( I used 100 calorie tortillas) 1 cup smoked mozzarella cheese, shredded Approx 3/4 lb leftover turkey breast or deli turkey meat 4tbsp low fat mayo 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
1) Shred approx. 1 cup smoked mozzarella cheese and place aside. Cut apples into thin slices.
2) Mix together mayo and cranberry sauce and set aside.
3) Spray pan with non-stick cooking spray. Heat pan on medium for a few minutes. Place tortilla is center and sprinkle 1/8 cup of cheese onto tortilla. Layer turkey and apples on top of melting cheese. Then place remaining 1/8 cup of cheese on top of turkey and apples. (total 1/4 cup of cheese per quesadilla). Heat for 2-3 minutes or until cheese is melty.
4) Fold over tortilla to close quesadilla. Press tortilla down with spatula. Con't to cook till heated through and cheese is melted. If you desire, carefully turn quesadilla over onto other side for even browning. Remove from pan and cut into 4 slices.
5) Place approx. 1/4 of cranberry mayo mixture onto side of plate for dipping. Or smother cranberry sauce on top of quesadilla. You can also spread cranberry mayo on to tortilla prior to heating quesadilla if so desired.
Eat Fit Not Fat- Turkey Quesadilla: Approx. 380 calories, 15 grams of fat ( you can cut approx. 30 calories and a few grams a fat if you use low fat cheese)